Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Un Euro por Un Huevo

As we were walking to dinner, we spotted a group of students wearing garbage bags and signs around their necks. We assumed it probably was a protest but as we got closer they approached us laughing and chattering  away. I tried to say that I didn't understand so they said and mimed that for a euro I could smash an egg on one of their heads as a fundraiser. So, I handed Julia my phone, pulled out a euro, was handed an egg and a girl knelt down in front of me. Laughing and feeling a bit awkward, I smashed an egg on her head. Anything to support higher learning!





2 comments: