Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Roadside Hospitality

We left Estella a little before 7am while it was still dark. We decided to forgo coffee since we often feel a bit naseaus first thing in the morning while walking. A little before 8 we arrived at the Wine Fountain. This was a place where pilgrims can help themselves to wine from a tap in a wall. It was a bit too early for drinking for me, but it was a lovely idea. 

The first town we came to was about 7 km from Estella. We crested the ridge to the town to discover that the bar (cafe) was closed. Disappointed to not be able to get my caffeine fix, we were ready to push on to the next town, another 3km. We continued down the street and we're delighted to see a bunch of pilgrims laughing and drinking coffee by the entrance to a pilgrim house. They said to help ourselves to the coffee and cookies. We joined in the fun and comraderie there and were grateful for the Camino moment .











1 comment: