Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I could have danced all night...

Once again, we are in a town on the day of their festival. Our first clue that something was going on was all of the school kids dressed in colorful matching patchwork shorts. Apparently friends get together and decide which colors they want their outfits to be for the festival. 

After dinner we walked down to the main square by the church and found an enormous party in full swing. A band was rocking it on the stage with a full light show and even pyrotechnics. We squeezed our way towards the front where we had a great view of the band and crowd. Once again, there were toddlers to great grandparents packed into the square drinking, dancing and singing along. The band did a variety of types of music from typical Spanish songs with dance moves to Mexican to Gangnam style. Julia, Max, Rob from Tasmania, and I had a blast dancing away with everyone. 
Unfortunately, we had to keep an eye on the clock because our albergues locked the doors and turned off the lights at 10. They even did a bed check to make sure everyone was in. Their motivation was primarily that they wanted to get out and party all night. So, all the pilgrims were in bed before the 2 year olds!







2 comments:

  1. Fun! Too bad about your curfew! Better to be a 2 year old in this case, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Dancing Gangnam Style in bright colored shorts in Spain ~ wish I were there!!! So funny that they made you go to bed early!

    ReplyDelete