Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 25, 2015

A Place of Quiet

We are staying in the town of Castrojeriz at a busy Albergue. It has a few special features such as a grassy garden area with lavender and a cool round foot soaking pool. After doing the usual routine of checking in, showering, doing laundry and finding some food for lunch and snacks for tomorrow, we stopped at an outside terrace bar looking out over the region. Our new friends all seemed to find us there and we had a good time hanging out. Someone mentioned a quiet space nearby, so I went to check it out. A fellow former pilgrim had created a lovely contemplative set of indoor and outdoor spaces to go and be quiet for awhile . I spent a little time there, mostly reflecting on how little quiet time I had had on the Camino. I'm hoping that will change soon. It was good to be reminded of what it felt like to be quiet. I returned to the Albergue and went to the garden to soak my feet. Nobody else was up there, so I had some more lovely quiet time.





No comments:

Post a Comment