Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Halfway to Santiago

 Today we walked around 23km to Sahagun, which is the official halfway mark on the Camino. I had heard from other pilgrims that there was a lovely halfway certificate you could get somehow. At our monastery/Albergue I found out that just there was another monastery about 15 minutes away up the hill that looked at your pilgrim credentials and if you had done the walk they would give you a beautiful certificate with your name on it. So, now I am the proud possessor of the halfway to Santiago certificate!

I went to an evening service with a pilgrim blessing led by the nuns of the monastery where we are staying the night. Centuries ago, Sahagun was the center of the Cluny monasteries, overseeing more than 100 of them. Now the town seems quite dismal and quiet.  








3 comments:

  1. Hospederia de las Madres Benedictinas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. How does it feel to be halfway through your Camino?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Amy! Show us a picture of your certificate. ��

    ReplyDelete