Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Monday, September 7, 2015

A High Point

Today we went from Pamplona to Uterga. I had been looking forward to this section of the Camino because it contained the pass at Alto de Perdon. From the top of the pass, which you reach after a very strenous section of uphill climbing, you have a 360 degree view of the surrounding countryside. There are windmills along the ridge because of the powerful winds that whip over the pass. The energy company erected a pilgrim statue depicting a band of medieval pilgrims walking, pressed forward against the wind. The inscription reads, "Donde se cruza el camino del viento con el de las estrellas" ("Where the way of the  wind meets the way of the stars.") The path down from the pass was rocky, steep and treacherous.  Luckily we descended safely. 








1 comment:

  1. I remember this spot from "The Way" movie. You're really there! We're following you on our map at home. Utergra on to...

    ReplyDelete