Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Leisurely Breakfast

Since we are taking a rest day today in Logrono, we slept in until after 8. By then a group of Germans were talking loudly in the hallway and it was too hard to sleep any longer. We had a leisurely breakfast at a cafe under the collonade near the cathedral. At one point about 100 school kids came rushing by on their way to school. We went to the post office to mail ahead to Santiago some extra items and went to the bank. The post office in the last town was only open from 9-11, so we wanted to make sure we mailed things while we had the chance.

Last night we sat at an outside cafe and watched all the people who were socializing in the plaza. We then enjoyed our private tiny bedroom which they gave to us for the dorm price for some reason. We also had our laundry washed and dried which is so wonderful since it is hard to get it really clean hand washing it. The bedroom is so tight though, that when I was in the bathroom and Julia asked for a glass of water from me I accidentally threw it all over her when my finger caught in the door jam. More hysterical laughter from both of us...










2 comments:

  1. I would spend all of my time eating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Officially a true pilgrim...having sent 'extras' to oneself in Santiago de Compostela. Well done!

    ReplyDelete