Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sabbath Rest

It seemed like a good idea to take a Sabbath rest today. There was a lot of steep uphill and downhill climbs yesterday and I have a bad blister on my right heel. So, we just walked a couple of miles to Pamplona. The municipal Albergue didn't open until noon, so we had coffee at a cute cafe and then enjoyed walking through the narrow winding streets of Pamplona. Because of the festival going on, the streets are lined with stalls with all kinds of local products, handmade crafts and trinkets. In the main square, a petting zoo, wooden ferris wheel, stalls and musicians crowded in the space.

At noon, we got in line behind 30 other pilgrims to check into the albergue. I'm sure all 114 beds were filled by 1:00. We got settled and then walked by the cathedral, extensive fortress walls and ramparts to the grassy park area. It was peaceful and lovely on the grass beneath the trees. A good place to rest for awhile.







No comments:

Post a Comment