Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Somewhere in my youth or childhood...

Julia has been humming and singing her way across Spain. We have a lot of fun coming up with the perfect song or line of a song for any given moment. Frequently we rewrite lyrics too. The song that Julia picked when we entered our Albergue today is from Sound of Music- the line where Maria sings, "Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good."

The place we booked in Villafranca Montes De Oca without any foreknowledge is a stunningly restored hotel and Albergue resembling a spa resort in Napa. We are in a room with about 16 people but all are single beds with partitions between them. No bunk beds!!! I have my own bed by the window which looks out over the garden. The sitting room has windows facing the church and the entire place is surrounded by gardens and lovely terraces and grass. And we are only paying 10 euros. 

Before walking up the hill to this place, each of us had wondered if we should have planned to walk further. The next place with amenities and Albergue was 12km more. To think that we would have missed this place if we had gone further... The Camino Angels are certainly looking out for us!











1 comment:

  1. Ahhh - looks lovely. We just happen to be watching The Sound of Music for hair braiding this week : ) We'll be singing along w/ you and Julia.

    ReplyDelete