Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

An Apple a Day

Once again, we lucked out picking our Albergue. It is a darling pueblo style place with a huge grassy garden with a pool and artwork of old stones, wrought iron statues, flowers and fruit trees. At the end of the garden near the main building is an outside cafe where I ate a delicious meal of white bean soup, pork cutlets and salad. The bean soup was one of the tastiest things I have eaten in Spain. While an Irish man Ronan and I were waiting for our food, an enormous apple fell from the tree and splattered right next to me. I jumped pretty high from my seat and was really thankful that it missed my head. Maybe it would have knocked some sense into me or provided me with a brilliant insight. But with my luck it would have just left a mark.






No comments:

Post a Comment