Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Sweet Songbird

As I was sitting outside at a cafe near our hotel, I heard a lovely voice singing passionately. At first we thought that we were listening to a CD only to realize that the music was coming from a local woman who was sitting in the park nearby. Her voice was joined by another as a Spanish pilgrim accompanied her. Julia went to sit near them and I followed soon after. The Spanish pilgrim translated for us as we conversed with them between songs. Later at dinner the Spanish pilgrim told us that she was from Valencia but had been living in London for 30 years and that she had not sung that entire time. She had such a lovely voice and seemed so joyful to join the local woman in song. We were all blessed in that park by the voice of the Basque woman.




No comments:

Post a Comment