Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Taking Coffee Breaks

Sometimes we get a shot of coffee before heading out the door, but usually we try to stop at whichever town is about 5-8km away. Today it was still dark when we got away and we were blessed by a gorgeous sunrise. I think I have seen more sunrises on the Camino than my whole life combined.

When we reached the 5.8 km point there was a sign for an Albergue 100m to the left. We decided to deter over there and were pleasantly surprised to find a lovely, peaceful Albergue serving coffee and freshly cooked eggs and ham on the outside terrace over looking a littl patch of trees. The food was delicious and it was great to be in such a peaceful spot. The Albergue was literally the only building in San Bol. They had a foot pool to soak your feet in that was said to cure and problems you might have. I was somewhat tempted because I have another blister on my right heel, but the since the temperature was in the 50's it was way to cold to plunge my feet into the icy water.

From there we continued to climb up the hill to the top of the Mesa and then traversed across it for quite awhile. We knew the next town of Hontanas was close but it was hidden in a valley out of sight until we walked down the steep other side of the Mesa. 

I enjoyed another coffee and conversation with our new friends before the next 9km which included passing through the ruins of an old monastery. It was pretty hot, but there was a light cloud cover for which I was grateful.










No comments:

Post a Comment