Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Near Brushes With Royalty

After finishing my third cafe con leche of the day at an outside cafe, I started walking towards a museum. A door in the building on my left opened up and 3 musicians in red costumes stepped out in front of me wheeling some big drums. I wondered what I had just walked into. They were headed my way, so I followed them down the street and over the bridge where there was a large theater adjacent to the museum. I noticed quite a few police officers standing around and nicely dressed people queuing up at the entrance. I proceeded on to the museum and inquired about what was going on next door. Apparently the queen of Spain was there to hear the prime minister. I didn't actually lay eyes on the queen, but I came pretty close!



2 comments:

  1. I love the image you just following the drums. Good metaphor for your whole trip!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the red suits w/ the feather caps!

    ReplyDelete