Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Awesome Breakfast Stop!

I was hopeful that there would be some sort of cafe/rest stop halfway through our hike today, but sometimes places aren't open. We began the day without any coffee or food because nothing was really open. A couple of hours into our walk I was hoping that the rest stop would appear because otherwise I would need to head into the bushes to take care of business. We came upon some picnic tables and saw a building that looked promising. The sought after toilets were there and also a coffee bar that had tables out by a gorgeous reservoir. It was so unexpectedly wonderful that we almost felt like we only wanted to whisper. Some ducks and swans swam over towards us as we sipped our coffee and ate our croissants and fruit.





No comments:

Post a Comment