Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 4, 2015

These boots were made for walking...

I knew the Camino scenery was going to be beautiful, yet I am frequently overwhelmed by its loveliness. Today's path consisted of a very steep uphill for about a kilometer or two, then several kilometers of fairly flat terrain through the woods with periodic sweeping views of the huge green valleys on both sides, and then a very long, rocky, somewhat treacherous descent to the town of Zubiri where we are spending the night. Often on the descent the path was scissored with striated rocks that hurt to walk on. Many of the pilgrims are hobbling around the Albergue tonight. I have a small blistere on my right ankle but otherwise feel good. My left foot with the plantar fascitis is getting better not worse.  Thanks for all of your prayers!






2 comments:

  1. Yeay for your foot feeling better not worse! Keep the pictures coming - they're fantastic! The green shady path, boots and poles, those rocks on the path... we almost feel like we're there w/ you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good song, by the way - this is very musical!

    ReplyDelete