Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Long Stretch of Highway

Most of today's route was alongside a major highway. We did wander through a few small towns and wisely got coffee at the first one because nothing was open in the rest of them. The wheat and hay fields have all been harvested so it was just brown as far as the eye could see- much like California! Early on there were some sunflower fields which were pleasant to look at. They almost seem like crowds of people with their faces either lifted towards the sun or bowed down. There were a few cafes open in Belorado when we arrived as well as a little market, but it is Saturday and the market closed for the day before we thought to go in. We are always being thwarted by the hours of places. Maybe we will figure it out before we leave Spain.








1 comment:

  1. A completely different door every day...I wonder what the metaphor is?

    ReplyDelete