Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Sunrise Yoga

La Clauze to Le Rouget
20 km but I walked 17 miles by my phone

This morning my Dutch friend Inika led me and the Norweigen ladies Ama and Gladys in a sunrise yoga session. We stood on the wood decking facing east and did sun salutations as the golden globe rose over the hills. What a spectacular way to start our day and a great way to loosen up our muscles for another day of walking.

Good coffee, baguette and homemade yogurt followed and Inika then and I hit the trail. The weather was glorious; sunny, cool and windy. It was uphill most of the way but no grueling sessions. There weren't very many places open for coffee or snacks so we walked continuously for 15km to the fountain at La Roche. The refreshing cool water was supposed to heal any skin problems. I plunged my feet in and splashed water on my arms. We will see if it has miraculous powers. At the very least it felt great.

A little later we came to the Chapelle St Roch where I was happy to see the Dutch guy Darren who is lugging 100 pounds on his cart. He had camped there in a refuge/shelter. 

Inika was ready for a break in the shade and we parted until our gite. I was apprehensive about having wifi since most  of the gites and even the villages don't have it, so I was thrilled to see a sign with a detour to a gite which had wifi. I hoped I wouldn't get lost on the detour.

Thankfully I found my way and even though the gite wasn't open yet the wifi password was posted on the door and I was able to check email and very slowly upload my blog. Camino graces.

The sun was hot by then and there wasn't much shade for the last 3 km. When I arrived at the farm/gite I realized my pack hadn't been delivered. Luckily the host/ dairy farmer showed up and even though he didn't speak any English he understands my problem. We called the postal company that does the deliveries and they said they didn't have my order. Bummer. But the farmer called the gite from last night and confirmed that my pack was probably still there. He drove all the way there and got my pack for me. So very nice. I'm so grateful for his generosity.

Tonight I'm here at a small dairy farm with about 7 of my Camino family. I think we will be going the same pace for awhile. 








No comments:

Post a Comment