Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Quite a Contrast

So, we had a wonderful gite last night with the delightful British couple. Tonight couldn't be more different. The town is rather unattractive and our plywood gite is bleak. And it is probably the most expensive that we have paid for a bed! Patricia and I are sharing a tiny room downstairs and there is a precarious ladder up to the loft where Angela and two French guys are sleeping. The ceiling is so low they can't stand up and hopefully no one will fall down the ladder in the middle of the night. The wifi doesn't work for everyone. The woman who runs the place wasn't helpful or very welcoming. Makes me grateful for all the wonderful places we have stayed!



No comments:

Post a Comment