Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 9, 2016

La Machine

Aumont- Aubrac to Montgros
24km

So, apparently people are having fun giving me nicknames. La Machine, Electric Motor, San Francisco. I'm getting a reputation for being a very fast walker and with my poles moving back and forth like a machine or energizer bunny has people amused. I try to tell them that I am the slowest walker in my family but they don't believe me. There is also another Amy but I haven't met her. I've heard, so you're Amy? But I thought you would be older... I guess the other one is. 

I walked alone again today and it was a beautiful peaceful day. I had nice conversations with several folks at a lovely garden stop at a gite around noon. The early part of the walk felt a bit like the high sierras and the air was fragrant with pine. Then it switched to a very unique look of dry open hills with rock walls and cows that were camouflaged in with the tan landscape. Very tranquil. My gite tonight is in a little hamlet 3 km before the town of Nasbinal. It will be nice after being near a noisy road last night. I'm with Thibault, a French guy that lives in Switzerland and the Norweigen ladies. 







No comments:

Post a Comment