Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Over Hill and Over Dale

Everyone was surprised by how hard some of today's walk ended up being. This afternoon there was an uphill part that was so steep and rough that some people had to resort to climbing a ways on their hands and knees or hauling one another. I was on that red dirt incline by myself and did okay but spent most of the time praying for some of the older people that were coming after me. I think I sweated more on that stretch than any other part yet. And that is saying a lot! 

But part of today was also a pleasant walk by the river but on a road with cars whizzing past. A little unnerving... But we all survived. I was very glad to have a shower and my pack which arrived right after me at 3:30. 

I love looking back across the valleys and hills and think about how I just walked over all of that land. It is amazing how much area one can walk across in a day. 










No comments:

Post a Comment