Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Conques

Conques is a charming village with Unesco Hertiage status for its cathedral. It is tucked into a hillside with rough hewn cobbled stone streets and wisteria covered garden terraces. At times it can be flooded with tourists, but the actual torrential rain yesterday kept them away for the most part. Many people walk the Chemin from Le Puy to Conques only, so we anticipate a very different feeling from now on. The Abbey and Cathedral daye back to the 1100's and the patron saint is St Foy (St Faith) who was a young Christian girl in the years around 250 AD who was marytered by the Romans. There is a special chapel, fresco and tapestries in her honor.









No comments:

Post a Comment