Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Ferme! (Closed!)

Estaing to Esperay
23 km

I thought it was difficult in Spain to figure out when places would be open, but the French have uped the ante. Trying to find markets that are open has been quite a challenge. Sunday some were open for a few hours in the morning. So we thought, ok we can shop for snacks and lunch supplies on Monday in the decent sized town of Estaing. But no, Monday everything is closed except some restaurants, no bakeries or shops. I arrived in my little town of Esperay around 2 thinking the market should be open, but its hours are 8-12 and 6-7. Nothing else here is open except the church and luckily our gite. But my pack hasn't come yet. I decided to use the lemony dish soap to get clean in the shower and to wash my clothes. At least I'm clean and lemony fresh!

The day started out with a 1000 foot climb out of Estaing which got my blood pumping but the footing wasn't treacherous like that one section yesterday. Much of the day was on little trails through the woods. Thankfully it is only about 80 degrees unlike the past few which have climbed into the 90's. There is also quite a breeze which kept me happy. A storm is supposed to come in tomorrow with rain. I guess we will have to see how it goes, hopefully not to much rain and mud!







No comments:

Post a Comment