Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Beautiful Bridge

Cahors to Lascabanes
22km but really 28km

The Chemin left town via the beautiful medieval bridge that we saw yesterday. The reflection over the Lot River was spectacular. Good thing, because we needed some inspiration before climbing straight up the mountain on crumbling rough stone steps. We knew to expect that part but that  there was a long climb for the next 5 km was news. 

After the first part most of the day was rather uninspiring, hot, dry and with not enough shade. Not my favorite walking day. My pack hasn't arrived yet and I'm dying for a shower. I guess patience is a virtue... Wish I didn't have to keep learning that lesson!







No comments:

Post a Comment