Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

I'm Walking in the Rain

Rain, deluge, call it what you will, it is wet! It was raining when we awoke and we left about 7:30 in a moderate rain. It didn't stop except for a few minutes when we were treated to a view of whispers of fog over the hills. It turned to a deluge by the time we arrived in the picturesque Conques. 

We sheepishly went into a bar/ restaurant and asked for coffee and to use the bathroom to change out of our sopping wet clothes. The woman was extremely kind and didn't turn us away. I was drenched from head to foot. I changed put of my shorts and into some dry pants and rang out my soaked socks. Other friends saw us and came in for coffee too. 

The Abbey where we are staying was packed with pilgrims and walkers trying to get out if their wet shoes and ponchos and packs and get checked in. Quite a zoo but a fun adventure!








1 comment:

  1. Amy--Steve wants you to know he thinks your photography is awesome. I second the thought and can't imagine the thrill of either the dinner or compline experience! What journey. Walk on...

    ReplyDelete