Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Metro and Memories

The Paris Metro network is amazing and can take you to every part of the city. There often is amusing artwork and musicians in the tunnels connecting the lines or leading to exits. Today I was treated to a wonderful band as I journeyed up to the 18th arrondissemont where I lived in 2003.

My old neighborhood was bustling with energy when I arrived at the Jules Joffrin metro stop. I hoped that this fabulous little rotisserie place would still be there and I was in luck. The delicious aroma called to me and I went in and ordered some rotisserie chicken and roasted potatoes. It was hot as the dickens in the shops with all of their rotisseries on and I worked up quite a sweat while I waited for me order.

The lovely oval shaped park tucked away in the middle of some curved stone buildings was the perfect place for my picnic, bringing back memories of former times relaxing and reading in its peaceful setting. Almost all of the benches were full of other people with the same idea as me.

After lunching I walked past my apartment building noticing the changes in the local restaurants and shops and noted that the farmers market was still in full swing. What a great place to have lived for a few minths!








No comments:

Post a Comment