Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Place de Vosges and more

The Place de Vosges is a large enclosed square surrounded by matching light pink and cream colored brick buildings including the residence of Victor Hugo. In each quadrant of the square is a fountain, rows of neatly trimmed trees with benches underneath them form a border around the park and grass and hard packed dirt provide other places to walk and sit. Some high school students were playing an energetic game of soccer on one side and tourists followed like baby ducklings after their guide. I sat for awhile on one of the benches to soak in the scene.

I meandered back to my Airbnb, stopping to window shop and take photos. I decided to make a salad for dinner and have a quiet evening in before I head off to Le Puy tomorrow to start my Camino. My host and I had time for a nice talk as well. I will be heading out the door around 7:30 tomorrow morning to catch my train. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment