Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Compline

The monks dressed in their white robes and sandal clad feet led the candle lit compline service. Earlier at dinner I volunteered to read in English during the service so I went up at the appointed time and read from the gospel of Mark. The acoustics in the beautiful romanesque cathedral were beautiful. Following the service we processed around the apse singing the pilgrim song of ultreia. Then there was an organ concert while we wandered through the second tier and the lighting was changed to help us notice different parts of the cathedral. 

I love this cathedral and it was such a special experience here.







No comments:

Post a Comment