Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Canal Walk

Moissac to Auvillar
22km

Another gorgeous sunrise accompanied us as we set out this morning. We were staying  on the edge of town, so we soon were outside the city, crossing over the river towards the canal. The next 16 km was an easy stroll along the canal because we decided to follow some pilgrims ahead of us, assuming they were on the Camino. We actually were on an alternative route which stayed on the asphalt path of the canal instead of looping through the neighboring hills. It confused us that we hadn't gone through a few of the towns listed on the map until we later realized that we did an alternative path. It was marked with the red and white GR65 stripes as well, so we didn't know what we had done. The level path was easy and we made good time, but the asphalt kind of made our feet ache. Nice to have an easy walking day with mild weather!

I loved the plane (Sycamore) trees that lined the canal. They reminded me of both Provence and my home town of Glendale. It was peaceful and tranquil along the canal, but during the summer I'm sire it is busy with boats traveling up and down the water. In the distance we could see two nuclear towers billowing white smoke across the fields of sunflowers. 











No comments:

Post a Comment