Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

La Vache Qui Rit

Le Rouget to Aumont- Aubrac
19km

La Vache Qui Rit (the laughing cow). Our morning yoga took place just outside the barn and one cow found us either amusing or disturbing. It came close and mooed at us for awhile. I think it was the same one who was under our open window all night mooing. Luckily I had earplugs and slept well anyways.

I walked the whole day solo though passing pilgrims occasionally. It was very nice and peaceful. The trail was much more steep up and down than the guidebook suggested and I had to watch my step. Less than half the people are using poles which surprises me. I can't imagine doing it without them. The scenery was beautiful once again. I'm pretty sure that will be the case everyday.

I arrived before one o'clock and spent awhile in the very nice little church with lovely stained glass windows. Unfortunately all of the shops were closed except some restaurants but I didn't want a big meal so I found some shady grassy area and will chill until the gite opens.









1 comment: