Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Dinner at the Abbey

One of the best meals I have had yet was a communal dinner at the Abbey last night. About 100 of us sat at long tables in the fireplace room and were served family style by the hospitaleros. A delicious rich creamy cauliflower soup with pain au levain to start followed by a potato- zucchini curry dish and beef stew. The French woman next to me kept Googling recipes for each dish and I took photos of them. Next were cheese courses and a pastry called Paris Brest which was a puff pastry filled with a hazelnut pastry cream. To die for!




No comments:

Post a Comment