Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Gite Ancien Presbtere

Our gite not only had lovely British hosts, a spectacular view but also a nice relaxing garden for us to enjoy. From here we can see the fields of drying sunflowers, sorghum, vineyards and corn. Up on the hill there are a couple of other houses, a church, a cemetery, a mayor's office and a boules pit. We did the little circuit while waiting for our laundry to finish in the machine. It's been quite awhile since I've had my clothes washed by a machine instead of by hand and it seemed like a nice opportunity to get everything really fresh.

I love the color of the local stone used in the buildings, a creamy golden color that is often accented with periwinkle for the shutters and wisteria vines. Very lovely. 










No comments:

Post a Comment