Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Culinary Delights

Tonight I'm staying with 5 other pilgrims in a darling gites in the hamlet of La Clauze. The owner prepared the dinner and it was amazing! First course was zucchini soup. The second was mache salad greens with a divine vinaigrette, prosciutto like ham, and an incredible potato- cheese tartiflette made with fresh local cheese. The third course was aged local cow's milk that involves microscopic spiders to help the fermentation process and also a fresh almost yogurt like product. And finally a flan made from the milk of her own cows (as were the other dairy products). Bread and wine as well. Good thing I'm not lactose intolerance! 

I also have a loft to myself and there is a large garden where we relaxed after our walk and shower. All for 37 euros. Oh and breakfast too with her homemade yogurt. It sure is tough roughing it as a pilgrim in France! 






No comments:

Post a Comment