Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Monday, October 5, 2015

The Hills Are Alive...

Today was filled with awe inspiring beauty. The mountains, light, wind and rain created an amazing tableau. It was wonderful to be back in green scenery after the browns of the meseta. We pulled our rain gear on an off as the weather went from windy to sunny to rainy to warm to rainy and windy together. We stopped for a snack break by a watering trough for the local cows and just soaked in the verdant hills and fresh air. Later we had a knee wrecking downhill trek. I'm sure it was only prayers that kept me from twisting an ankle. It also decided to pour and get windy. I was very relieved that our town for the night appeared when it did. The views were amazing though and when it stopped raining I was memorized by the light on the mountains and the valley ahead.








3 comments:

  1. So many of your photos are incredibly beautiful! What a privilege to get to "walk" with you, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog Amy and hearing your voice. The images are amazing. What a journey!! Ted and are sending a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my favorite pictures so far! I'm so glad that you have been having such great experiences along "the way!" Love you,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete