Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Peeking Inside

As I walk around Seville, I keep trying to peek inside any open doors that I walk past. Because you never know what wondrous thing is tucked behind the outer door. All the elements of architecture and gardens that are present in the famous buildings are also used in smaller but no less lovely ways in many of the buildings and homes here. Lovely atriums and courtyards lie behind wrought iron gates and they usually have fountains and plants and trees in pleasing arrangements. I don't want to trespass, but if I can sneak a glance, I will take the opportunity. My hotel ended up being a further walk to the main historical sights area than I thought it would be, but it is in a more residential neighborhood so I get to see all the parents and grandparents drop the kids off from school and fetch them back. I sat down at a neighborhood bar for a coffee and to write for awhile this afternoon and next to me were about a dozen family members gathered to celebrate a birthday. They asked me to take a photo of them and then they sang happy birthday. A couple of the little girls were in their ballet outfits and were adorable! I'm really glad that I decided to stay in Seville for a few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment