Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Roundhouse Dinner

I just had a really wonderful communal dinner at a roundhouse building connected with our Albergue. The long curved table was covered with a cheery fabric tablecloth and set for about 30 pilgrims. The roundhouse itself was lovely and cozy and inviting. The meal began with a delicious local vegetable soup. I think it had chard, cabbage, green and white beans and potatoes. It tasted like everything was from their garden. It was the first time I had chard here- such a treat. The second course was a beef and vegetables stew served with a platter of rice, followed by Santiago cake (a simple almond cake). The Japanese guy gave a big cheer when he saw the rice. There are way more potatoes served in Spain than rice, unless it is as paella. Of course there was bread and wine as usual. 

I sat between 2 brothers from Toronto who have come to walk the Camino with their father for a week. It is only their second day. We tried to tell them that the meals and accommodations aren't always this good; they lucked out. It was a fun dinner with lively conversation. 







1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Albergue and dining area indeed! So glad that you seem to be feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete