Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, October 2, 2015

Donde esta el bano?

There are a lot of wonderful services available for the pilgrims, but one area for improvement would be a few more "servisios" or toilets. Today I had a definite Camino low when I had a dire need for a real toilet and we went through 2 towns and many kilometers where there was absolutely nothing available. Nature wasn't obliging either, roads with dirt fields for as far as you could see. We knew a town was ahead but their was only a man with a stand with snacks and trinkets and wet wipes and Kleenex. Desperate,  we took turns walking through weeds and brush to find a tiny bit of privacy. We both came out covered with hundreds of little sticky burrs on our clothes. After some tears of frustration from me, we continued on, but I think I left my knee brace somewhere during the "adventure ".

Luckily the rest of the day went better. Julia suggested that I listen to some music, which did manage to calm me down. I haven't listened to music yet while walking but today was a good day to do that. We had a long walk and didn't get in until 4. We decided to do a longer distance today so that we could get to Astorga tomorrow. After Astorga it is all uphill until we reach the peak near Foncebadon. Luckily the weather has been great so far, but it might turn stormy in a day or two. 

Prayers are welcomed from you all! 












3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I enjoy reading your daily blog, it is informative and so interesting. And your pictures are beautiful. I wish you and Julia continued success on your pilgrimage quest. You are amazing! My prayers are with you as you continue on the path. With love and a big hug, Aunt Leslie It is all downhill after Foncebadon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read your journal every day and luuuuv the pics. Your wonderful words and the pics make your epic adventure make us almost feel like we are walking beside you. Our prayers will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problemas del baƱo, no bueno...lo siento, mi amiga :(

    ReplyDelete