Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Now that's a scallop shell!

The sun was out all day today which was fabulous after the rain yesterday. The route today took us through forests and along dirt paths that wound their way through tiny villages. We came across one bar that had a huge scallop shell out front. My friend Max showed up part of the way through the day and it was good to walk together for awhile and catch up. Some of my friends will be in Santiago on Thursday, but I won't get there until Friday. Friday night is when they have a special Mass at the cathedral and swing the enormous incense ball. Everyone plans to be there for that. I imagine we will have fun celebrating afterwards too.








2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun (and you look so happy in the photos)! I wish I was there with you instead of struggling through midterm week :) Keep em' coming!

    Love,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    We have followed your blog throughout your incredible journey. As promised, we prayed for your safety, health and spirit as you walked the Camino.
    Somehow, at the beginning it seemed to be sacrifice pain and deprivation but it turned into joy and fullness. Fullness of your days, your belly and your heart!
    Thanks for sharing all the incredible photos of the countryside, the art and the beautiful food you found along the way.
    We will welcome you home whenever you make it back to Emeryville.

    Hugs,
    John and Donna

    ReplyDelete