Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

A New Day

Today was a wonderful day of walking. It is a blessing that every day is a new beginning. The scenery and weather were lovely and I felt good walking. We are getting used to doing about 21-24 kilometers on the Camino plus walking around town. This is the last bit of the Meseta and the beginning of the mountains. 

One nice surprise was a bountiful donation based snack stand and resting place with lots of fresh fruits and even a labyrinth. At one point near town we had to stop to let a flock of sheep go by. We arrived at our Albergue in Astorga around 2. The room feels like it was intended for the 7dwarves. Very tiny low beds crammed together. It also is quite hot because there is a fire going downstairs.












No comments:

Post a Comment