Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Germans Everywhere

Now that we are in the final stretch to Santiago, a ton of new people have joined the Camino. About 500 Germans accompanied by buses and wearing yellow bandanas are here along with a ton of Spanish high school kids. 

I met my new German friend Steffen who is not part of the tour group. We had a great day of walking together. It was his first day on the Camino. In good pilgrim fashion he got a large blister but didn't realize it til we were done walking. The weather was warm and the rain held off until after we got to Portomarin for the day.

Steffen lives in Madrid and has been a chef, so he encouraged us to stay up late (for us) and get some good Spanish food. He also loves wine and ordered us his favorite Spanish wine- so much better than the table wine we've been drinking.  He ordered us salad, sea bass with peppers and crispy scalloped potatoes, and entrecĂ´te beef that was thinly sliced and grilled at the table. Everything was delicious! More details later!

I met another German guy named Andre in the Albergue. He joined up with us as well as Emmy for drinks and dinner. super fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment