Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pastries Galore

Did I mention that almost every other shop here is a bakery/ patisserie? Every cafe has an enticing array of baked goods, mostly variations of a croissant or a butter cookie with a few meringues for fun. For breakfast today I had a croissant filled with marzipan and chocolate and topped with slivered almonds and one end dipped in chocolate. How crazy is that? Good thing I walked about 15 miles today around Barcelona. I tried some tacos for dinner at a Mexican restaurant but they weren't quite up to snuff for a California gal. 

While I was wandering around near La Rambla street I passed a basilica that wasn't open ( still a frustration that places are so frequently closed) but an Asian girl choir was warming up in the square next to it. They had beautiful voices and I was delighted to just listen to them for awhile. I think there might be a choir festival going on because there were other groups that looked like choirs milling around as well. This is a city full of sugar and music!








No comments:

Post a Comment