Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Food and Beverages

I'm feeling so much better that I finally tried the boiled octopus that is famous in this region, especially in the town Melide where I am staying the night. We ordered it as a starter at lunch followed by a fish casserole. The octopus was delicious! Tasty and tender and lightly seasoned with paprika. The fish casserole was deconstructed on a platter with 2 kinds of white fish, clams, potatoes, peas and peppers. For dessert I ordered the fresh local cheese with quince jelly but could only eat a bite. Not very tasty. Our waiter was really nice and took it away and brought a kind of cheesecake instead. What I really loved was a local liquor that tasted like a fabulous Baileys Irish Cream.  He poured me a second shot when he saw how much I liked it. 

My friend Steffen thought I would like a Clara more than a beer, so I have enjoyed a couple of those in the past few days (a mix of beer and fizzy lemonade that is quite refreshing).






1 comment:

  1. You are looking so good and happy! I would definitely starve on the Camino (octopus, fried fish casseroles, cheese for dessert!) Good thing you're more adventurous!

    ReplyDelete