Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Barcelona by Boat

There are a lot of famous sites to see in Barcelona, but much of its charm is to be found just wandering around its streets and enjoying the vibrant shops, cafes, streets, people and buildings. I am staying at an airbnb room nestled right in the heart of the old city near the cathedral. After the best night's sleep that I have had in almost two months, I wandered around the neighborhood and had breakfast in a local cafe. I then walked through the cathedral including going up to the roof to look out over the city which helped me to orient myself and fun to see the whimsical spires and rooftops of the city. Afterwards I found myself suddenly down by the waterfront. There's a huge column with Christopher Columbus on top pointing towards what I am guessing is America. I saw that there were harbor cruises and that one was leaving in 5 minutes. I quickly bought a ticket and boarded the boat. It went out of the harbor and down past all the beaches. On the return, it took us into the shipping port where we could see up close the cruise ships and the container ships that were being unloaded. I loved having the fresh breeze and hazy sunshine on my face.

I was hungry when the ride was over and found a Middle Eastern place for lunch. The donner kebab was a nice change of pace!
















No comments:

Post a Comment