Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy...

It's supposed to rain a lot in Galicia, so I'm very thankful for the warm sunny weather. We had a lovely walk through the countryside, up and down rolling hills, past farm animals, eucalyptus groves and over streams. The bar that we stopped in for lunch had tables outside overlooking the green hills ahead . There were 2 women from Sebastapol sitting near us and they said that it felt like they were walking at home. It did look a lot like that part of Northern California. 

I'm staying in a pension with a darling private room. I was so tired of the Albergues and not sleeping well, so I've upgraded a bit. I'm still walking with my German friend Steffen. Despite his long legs, we walk very well together. I probably take twice as many steps as he does, but we manage quite well. He lives in Madrid and speaks fluent Spanish which is super great!

I can't believe that Santiago is only 2 days away. We will do about 20km each day. I'm so excited to arrive there but also haven't wanted to speed through this last part. I could have done it a day sooner though it would have meant longer days and I would have arrived more fatigued. I'm trying to listen carefully to the quiet voice that seems to be guiding me along this journey. The better that I listen, the more blessings I seem to receive, even if I don't have a clue ahead of time what they will be.











5 comments:

  1. So exciting to see how far you've gone already! I hope these last few kms are the best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amy. What an amazing journey! I can't way to see you upon your return and hear more! Take good care with each step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    What a journey! Well done. Thanks for capturing and sharing so many great sights along the way. Savor this final part.
    "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:12-14)
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty/quiet room, the Camino shirt, & the little red riding hood gnome (random!) But why is that lady pulling the bull's tail?

    ReplyDelete