Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Bach in the Cathedral

At the last minute, I heard that there was a free Bach organ concert in the cathedral in Leon. A few of us wanted to go to it and planned to get a quick dinner first. As the numbers in the group for dinner grew to 8 people we realized it was either dinner or the concert. Mikkel from Denmark and I decided to go to the concert and the others to dinner. There were a couple of hundred people in line by the time we got there but we managed to grab the last couple of chairs. The cathedral was dark inside except for some lights for the organist. It was a lovely atmosphere to hear an organ recital. I felt very relaxed afterwards and thankful that I was able to attend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment