Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Be Still

They say that The Camino provides. I agree, but would add that God knows what we really need. Feeling physically weak after my "cleanse ", I knew I would need a rest day to recover. I got a ride with the pack transport service through all the quaint towns up the mountain to the highest town in Spain, O Cebreiro. The fog on the drive up felt mystical and then the sun broke through at the top of the mountain. There is a breathtaking 360 degree view from the town looking over the valleys to the layers of mountains beyond. When I arrived there was still a river of thick fog hugging the valley floor. It was cold and breezy but with the freshness of mountain air.

I found us a hostal to stay in and then wandered around the lovely Galician village. We have just entered into Galacia which was settled by the Celts from Ireland. It feels more like Ireland than Spain. As I write this there is Celtic music coming from the shop nearby. I love the feel of it all. This may be my favorite place so far. 

After lunching, I found an old dirt road down the side of the mountain and walked a ways. I found a nice rock to perch on with an amazing view. I was able to just be quiet and still. The only sounds were the wind in the trees, the insects, birds, the distant cow bells and my stomach gurgling. I felt so peaceful and happy and grateful and content. I guess I had to do a lot of walking to realize what I really needed was to be still.

I feel like the 3 "words" that I have been hearing over and over since I was in Israel the first time in 2011 have been: 
Be Still
Pay Attention 
Let go. 

God is creative in the way He keeps teach me the same things.










1 comment: