Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Sunset by the River

My hotel is only a block away from the big river running through the city. There is an esplanade along the street level and stairs that take you down to the river and the pedestrian path beside it. The sun was setting over the river and I went down to the banks to enjoy it. I was very impressed by the number of people running, walking and biking, but what intrigued me most were all of the kayakers and rowers on the water. I think there was a team of some sort because a guy in a speed boat seemed to be keeping track of them and yelling "encouraging words" to them. They were going really fast and seemed pretty competitive with each other. The kayaks were different than I have seen at home. Some of the guys were on one knee paddling but they weren't going any faster than the women who stayed seated. There were obviously some people just out for an evening paddle as well. Maybe I'll see if I can rent one while I'm here. I'm pretty sure I saw a brochure about it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment