Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Saturday, In the Park

I figured that I would try to see what people in Barcelona do on a Saturday morning. Turns out that a lot of them go to the park. I made my way over to the Arc de Triomphe (see, similar to Paris in many ways) and then walked down the esplanade past dog walkers and student protesters to the park.

One of the first things I saw was a boxing boot camp next to a regular boot camp. Sweaty joggers ran by and many parents pushing strollers with kids were out and about. I passed by a couple of birthday parties, men playing bocce ball, sweethearts cuddling, guys playing the guitar and flocks of green parrots. This may be the only city where the parrots out number the pigeons! I continued on to the entrance of the zoo but was more in the mood for the beach, so I kept walking some more. 












No comments:

Post a Comment