Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Double Decker Delight

No, I'm not referring to pastries again. And delight might be overselling it, but I spent a few pleasant hours today on the double decker tour bus. I wanted to go to the Park Guell which was designed by Gaudi and it seemed like the easiest way was to just buy a ticket for the tourist bus that stops there. 

I have to say that I really miss just having to follow the yellow arrows and shells on the Camino. Sometimes they were kind of challenging to find, but it was like a little treasure hunt. My eyes got used to constantly look for them. It was way easier than having to navigate a city by streets and maps. I'm directionally challenged so I almost always instinctively go the wrong way. It's tough being me!

So, needless to say, I have been going in circles in Barcelona whenever I'm trying to find a new place. Once I have a sense of a place and know the local landmarks I'm good to go, but I'm often trying to go to see new sites. 

Which brings me back to resorting to the on and off tour bus. Actually, you get a really good view from the top level and it can be a pleasant way to see a city. I now have seen most of Barcelona one way or another. There are so many fabulous buildings here. I took a lot of photos of them on the bus and on foot. 












No comments:

Post a Comment