Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Something Special

After more than 800km (we walked a fair amount every day after our official Camino walking was done), my feet needed a little TLC! While wandering through the charming old city of Barcelona I spotted a shop selling makeup and nail polish. I figured it was a good place to ask about getting a pedicure. The sales woman walked me a short distance to a store called Something for Everyone. And sure enough, they had a spa upstairs where they did pedicures. The gal showed me a price list of their services. For a little extra money I could get the super Something Special Pedicure. That sounded like exactly what my feet needed!

I followed her upstairs and explained that I had just walked the Camino for 800km. She examined at my feet and said that they actually looked great considering that I had done the Camino. She has seen a lot of people who have lost nails or whose feet were really gnarly. She said that she had been a physical therapist and worked a lot with feet. How lucky am I to have found this place, especially when she was working there! 

I won't say how much rough skin she shaved off, but it was way more than I have ever had removed before. She also did a citrus scrub exfoliant, massage and minty leg mask which included wrapping my legs up in cellophane. Talk about the full treatment...!

Afterwards while my pink polish (in honor of Brest cancer awareness month) dried, we poured over my Barcelona tourist map and she talked me through all her favorite places to visit and had a bunch of good suggestions. I said that I needed to buy some non hiking shoes and she told me a good place down the street.  I followed her advice and now own some new walking shoes that are much better than my croc flip flops or Merrill water sandals. 






2 comments:

  1. It is clear to me that I should have been with you in Spain today. I would have loved doing a boat ride and getting a super pedicure. Oh, and I want new shoes too. Keep on trekking. Carol

    ReplyDelete