Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Guitarra Espanola

I had wanted to visit the Palau de la Musica Catalana, a beautiful Modernista celebration of tile work, sculpture and stained glass. The brick exterior is lined with mosaic covered pillars topped by busts of great composers. The auditorium is lit by a huge inverted done of stained glass depicting angelic choristers. And it is only a 3 minute walk down the block from where I am staying.

I figured that it might be more interesting to hear some live music than just take a tour. I looked online and found a classical guitar concert by Aniello Desiderio, a world renowned Italian classical guitarist. I was assigned a center aisle seat in row nine, so I could see every expression on his animated face while he played. I thoroughly enjoyed the music and the atmosphere of the lovely theater. 









No comments:

Post a Comment